Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Dozen Olympic Style


Please get your coffee cup ready for your 2nd cup or pot, lol, and join us at Linda's for the Random Dozen Olympic Style!!
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?

The gymnastics floor routine...."After all it's not gymNICEtics."

NO seriously, ice skating with partners. That is just beautiful!!!





2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?

Well I have to say that since yesterday is technically the past and the day before that even more so....the married Chinese ice skaters were flawless! They truly looked as one. And of course I watched every moment Michael Phelps was on!!!



3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?

Yes, at our very first WOVEN Ministries event an Olympic diver, who has been on a Wheaties box, shared some of her testimony and spoke on our Identity in Christ. When you are an olympian you are wrapped up in that identity and must conform to their expectations which easily leads to an identity crisis. She shared her life then and now with us all.  She was AWESOME!!!!  And so it is when you creep speed to 40 her name escapes me. I'll come back if I recall it. ARG! That was 2003 and I have slept since then.
***Update my sister remembered her name: Kim Macklin.



4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?

I would be a PRO in the land of Procastination!



5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?

Yes! I am about 75% German and the 3rd generation on my dad's side born here in the US.


6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?

Yes then when I see the time I regret it and think of all I could have done.



7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)

I have not but have been taught.


8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.

Just one???? geez! Israel! To walk the steps of our Lord and witness to His children of birthrite.




9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?

No, I don't think so.....


10. What is the last book you read?

Thin Places by Mary DeMuth....will be writing a review soon, stayed tuned.



11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??

In keeping with the theme.....If you are a mom, what thing do you do for which your kids would award you the Gold Medal?

I'll take Lectures for the Gold Alex!!!




12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?


Mousaka at Scampi's MediterraneanGrill off Magnolia in Fort Worth, TX.
Ok!! Now I'm depressed!!! They are closing!!! The chef is now 76 and is retiring!! Oh-My-Worddah!  Well, I never.... hemph!!! Man sakes alive! Geez Looooouise!!! Any other frustration expression you can help me with here????? Goodness gracious great balls of fire!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. see them here before they are gone for good: http://www.scampiscafe.com/.


Ok I must go decompress now!
Still love you all though,
Chel

14 comments:

CeeCee said...

Oh I feel your pain when a favorite restaurant closes or changes management. Wow, he doesn't have a family member to take over? Too bad.

I enjoyed your funny answers.

Joyce said...

My kids might say we need to share the podium on #11 : )

Apron Senorita said...

Olympics sounds interesting. I have to go over and see. Enjoy the restaurant before it closes. ~ Yoli :)

Anonymous said...

Make that three moms on the lecture circuit! Enjoyed reading.

KrippledWarrior said...

Competitive Procrastination. I'll think on that and get back to you later.

Anonymous said...

LOL about procrastination! I might give you some competition there.

I love ice skating, too, and I watched all of Michael Phelps' moments in the last Olympics.

Heart2Heart said...

Chel,

What a great list and learning even more about you. I too, love ice dancing. I think that would have been my Olympic event.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nel said...

Enjoyed all of your answers. We shared the same answer on where we would like to go. To walk in His footsteps... Wow, you can't get much better than that!

until next time... nel

PS: The I Won...You Win Carnival is going on this week in my little corner of blog land. Come and check it out if you want a chance at The Traveling Book.

Skoots1moM said...

you and I could so hang out...you talk like i do...
what the dickens does that man mean retiring?!!
hope you find anew place
bless your heart...just had to throw that in :)

Susanne said...

My kids would give me a gold medal for laughing at my own jokes. They constantly remind me I do this.

I could be a pro at procrastination too!

Tales from the Trails said...

I've set up two couples...happily married, kiddos, etc. I'll just toot my own horn now, HA!

We love it out here in this part of Texas. My Cowboy and I are both from small towns. So now we are steppin' in the BIG city. I had to drag hubby out of the sticks. I hope he never wants to get the idea to go back, ugh!! LOL!!!

Sue said...

I feel similar to you Chel in sleeping late. As much as I enjoy it, I always regret it because the day whips by so much faster.

Really enjoyed your answers. I've missed a few weeks of Random Dozen but glad to be back for this special edition - lol

Have a wonderful week & hope the sadness over your favorite restaurant subsides soon ;-)

Angie said...

Love your past Olympic memory. I just saw a glimpse of them and they did look flawless.

# 11 funny!

You should go ask the chef if he'll share his recipe. Just gush over it and promise not to share it and give it a try. Wish I had done that with my chef that moved on. :(

BARBIE said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! I too would have to accept a medal from my kids in lecturing. So sorry your favorite restaurant is closing. So not fair.