Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Than a Ribbon to Me Final

All you have been so kind to journey with me through this story. It was difficult and began to bring out things in me not to mention dealing with daily trials. The glory of it all is how God showed Himself to me then and now. He gave me instant peace with her departure from my life and assured me of His presence then and now.


Yes, circumstances have clouded me at times. Yes, emotions have taken the steering wheel at time or two but all in all I have known and do know that God has been Lord of All. His sovereignty has been undoubtedly the most felt in my life; this is one good side effect of not-so-good circumstances. His providence has been clear to me even on the cloudiest days!

God had reigned supreme and kept this child on the Rock, in the Cleft, in the Tower, and of course in the Sanctuary. His presence has brought many gifts into my life, one of which is perspective. Not that mine has never been skewed or maligned but His presence has brought me usually, quickly, around to His will of seeing things. His ways truly are NOT our ways and His understanding is unfathomable most often.

There have been times where His peace has been so overwhelming to me, but those are different posts for different days and different perspectives. But today, His gentle hands are on my cheeks keeping my eyes on Him and my face seeking His. I think that when God, through Christ, said that the inside of the cup is the most crucial area to be cleaned He meant it. God at this time in my life is digging deep! So much so He has me cleaning out cabinets which no one will ever see so that my thoughts are clear and ears are able to hear.

He is cleaning this inside of this squirrely cup. He is once again assuring that I stay focused on Him to the point that twice people have said it to me in one day. With this said, my Father is taking delight in exposing painful memories and healing the unhealed parts of my life. There is a lovely lady named Annie McRae that sings this song called When He Said Live and I’m telling you I HAVE TO BREATHE AND BOY DO I WANT TO DANCE!

As Ezekiel 16:6 says, “Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!" this is the basis of the song which used to send me into tears! Ezekiel 16 deals with our adulterous life and lack of devotion to God. In our home, God has been dealing with a lot and clearing out a lot. Sin and pain aren’t usually fully dealt with until it has infected everyone and flowed into each member life. This is where we are. Each family has had to deal with either pain caused by others, intentional sin, unintentional sin, and the path for healing for all concerned.

So for our family this applies on all aspects, for me it applies with living. I have done been doing much of that lately. Then the other in midst of deep deep pain and sorrow I heard this song again and instead of bawling like a baby I felt breath fill my lungs, my brows lift, and head take a height it had not in years. I was ALIVE! I knew she was in there somewhere!

My mind has a clarity it has not had in years. I actually see where I need to be healed. I am not exactly clear on my path as of yet but if I keep my eyes on Him and stay focused on His light through this storm as I have the others then I will not need to hide behind any ribbon, title, failure, or anything else ever again.

My mom died in August of 1983, my father died in February of 1997, and daily I try to die to myself. This has meant overlooking quite a bit in my life and trying my best to live out Ephesians 4:32, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Actually, Ephesians truly sums up a lot of how we should live, In the Light! Our perspective becomes less cloudy when we Live in the Light. Our pain is less eminent when we Live in the Light. Our sin is less likely to win when we Live in the Light. And Christ is most likely to be seen in us when we Live in the Light!

Ephesians 2:22; And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

I thank each and everyone of you for your kind comments of encouragement and Light!
Loving Each of You in HIM and HIS LIGHT,

2 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

dear chel,

sounds like i found you just as you were beginning
to see some light.

will pray for a swift and complete healing.

blessings,
lea

Judy said...

Your writing is so beautiful and poignant. I love the visualization of Jesus's gentle hands on my cheeks to keep the focus on Him!