Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Very Sad Today

A very dear lady has gone to be with Lord. Her name is Martha Evans Valancius and I wrote this poem for her: http://racheleposey.blogspot.com/2008/08/time-well-spent.html

My son's middle name is Evan, in honor of her.

She was very dear to me and a living example of the Proverbs 31 Woman. She inspired me beyond belief and she and her husband Stan who arrived Home before her, were truly a Godsend to my life. She was a mentor among mentors and I wish I had been able to spend more than 4 years with her, but it was truly Time Well Spent.

She was taken by lung cancer and never smoked a day in her life. You just had to know what a true lady she was. She often laughed at herself because if she would stumble from an uneven floor she would say that she was a ballerina and they don't look down when they walk.

She was a woman of virture in every sense of the word. She served with a smile and provided for me and my soon to arrive son, a wonderful babyshower in her home. My favorite drip-beef roast and my daughter's favorite sweet and sour sausage were her recipes!! And I added them to a recipe book I created in 2005 called From the Manger to a Masion: Recipes of a Lifetime.

Never having worked outside the home, she could give most CEO's and CFO's a run for their money with her ecomoic skills (there was nothing "girly" about 'em). She was amazing and the loss on earth is great today but I know that Heaven rejoices and she heard on Monday, "Well done good and faithful servant!" Then I know He opened His arms wide because even Jesus was eager to spend time with this woman.

Please pray today for the void this matriarch has left in her families lives but rejoice because she is with her LORD today!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Rachele!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Praying with you, dear sister. :-) I wonder if she and Ms. Edith have met yet? :-)

Chel said...

Hey that would be one time neither of would mind being gossiped out! lol!
They would get along great!
I love you!
Chel

LISSALYNN2006 said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR ........BUT ATLEAST MY NEPHEW IS NAMED AFTER HER LOL..........WE WILL GET TO MEET AGAIN IN A BTTER PLACE ONE DAY.......I WISH I COULD BE THAT LUCKY TO BE WHERE SHE IS RIGHT NOW........................ITS JUST NOT MY TIME GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME.....LOVE YOU SIS

marine's words said...

I am sorry your firend is gone she sounds like a wounderful person .

May she rest now that she is with the Lord. marina

Meg in Tally said...

Sounds like my Ms. Edna who's been hanging out with Jesus since May. I miss our late night phone calls when the pain wouldn't let her sleep.

So many young gals miss out on the blessing of older, wiser women. I'm glad you didn't!

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for you loss, and so very grateful she knows the Lord. (((HUGS))), Whitney