Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Into Flavor with Orange Bread!!!



I love this stuff!! I mean really really love it!!!! With butter without butter but always warm!

I have fallen into love with Fall Into Flavor with Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, brew you a pot and head over to her blog for more wonderful recipes!



Orange Bread

Ingredients:

Peeling from 2 to 3 oranges 3 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt 2 T melted shortening
1 cup sugar 1 egg well beaten
1 cup water 3 tsp baking powder




I always cut the peel very small so that it ends up tasting like candy.






Bring to a boil the orange peel in the cup of water with the sugar, & salt and simmer 10-15 minutes until a thin syrup is created. Set aside and cool to luke warm.






Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add beaten egg to liquid mix and add enough water to make 2 cups of liquid. Then add the shortening. Blend liquid mixture and dry together. Pour into greased & floured dough pan. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm.






Enjoy!



Chel

4 comments:

Kim said...

This sounds really good! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

@nnie said...

Yum Yum! Thanks for the recipe and thanks for blessing my blog with your comments. I'll be back to visit you soon.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is really original. I'll have to try it.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Yummy, lady! I will be trying this bread...you know that bread and I are involved in a passionate love affair!! :-)