Monday, October 13, 2008

Laugh At ME Moment!!

Ok, you four readers you are going to get a giggle in your soul and a tickle in innerds out of this.

I started off having a very bad day mood wise today. I won't go into all the details but after reading an article in the Discipleship Journal (Sept/Oct 2008) by Joni Eareckson Tada titled, "Borrowing God's Smile," I realized that I did not borrow His smile this morning or even ask for one. But He chose to give it to me anyway!

BTW, this will lead into another name of God to share about later, Man of Sorrows. I will go more into this smile-thang with that post, so stay tuned.

Back on track, I never get side tracked I do not know what is wrong with me...lol...This article showed me a thing or two. But His Smile taught me a lot.

My hubby and I were not on a great page this morning. I accomplished a HUGE long over due task last night and was up until 1:00 AM finishing it. I felt unnoticed and unappreciated for a list of reasons. We said I love you and I left for work....late....and I was a complaining desert dweller!

I called him and told him that I noticed the bath tub was not draining and it was either after washing our quilt or cleaning the shower, either way he said he would take a look at it. This was 10:00 AM.

11:00 AM the phone rings, it is hubby. He said that he had called to tell me about the drain problem. The tub was PLUGGED! Yes you read that right. I poured "stuff" down it and used the plunger. All the while during the process of cleaning the tiles I had hit the lever and plugged the tub!!! Too funny!!! I cracked my lips here but read the next paragraph for my full smile!!!

In a way that when only a humble man (ie Hubby) or God himself can do, I was made to smile with God's smile...hubby told me not to feel too bad because he had done the same thing. But he took even more drastic measures than I had. I only plunged twice and poured stuff once then walked away. He said he plunged like crazy and worked hard trying to figure out the problem only to find the drain was plugged.

The point, even though I read this article at lunch, I recognized in hindsight that I had failed to ask Jesus for His smile. I awoke not really feeling like sharing one of mine. My hubby and I were not exactly full of grace with one another, now it was not dis-grace, but still. Lesson learned here, I must ask Jesus for His glorious breath taking smile when I can't muster one up. And as I read in 2 Corinthians 3 today that I am a letter to others. My soul is the writing on the cross and the empty tomb, a living walking breathing testimony of my Wonderful Merciful Savior and I had a frown, well really more than that. I was down right pitiful!!! Being the Wonderful Merciful Savior that He is, even though I did not ask for it, He delivered His smile anyway!

Wow!!! What Grace that continues to amaze me! I should probably let someone read that chapter on my soul!!

To read this article make a note to yourself and once it is archived you can read it or go ask someone at church for this issue. You won't be sorry, I wasn't!!

You know we ask for His heart to love, His eyes to see, His appetite for the WORD, etc.
But I ask God to Bless Me and You ALL and May (I) You Smile with God's Smile especially when we misplace ours.

Chel

3 comments:

Diane Meyer said...

I just re-subscribed to Discipleship Journal, and can't wait to get it again.
You know, I have many mornings when I need to borrow God's smile, or have Him smile through me. This is a good prayer for me.
Thanks!

Walking on High Hills said...

Well hello dear sista! I've not forgotten about Abiding Branch but I've been SOOO busy and no internet yet! I love seeing your blog as it grows. I need to get a song going too! Anyway...I'll be back around soon! keep up the writing!

LISSALYNN2006 said...

wow! may i borrow that smile as well? love you and my brother too lol