Thursday, January 28, 2010

You've Waited Now You've Got it: The Random Dozen



Well our dear friend at 2nd Cup of HUH? I mean Coffee is hosting the Random Dozen and here is my shot that I have waited to take!!!!!!

Now, who's punny? L. O. L.


1. How good are you at delaying gratification?

I love for things to work up for me and build excitement but I can't wait to give things to people. I love to shop early for presents but I can't keep them!!!




2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?

Hot, Fresh Bread from Macaroni Grill with the oil.



3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?

This is a subjective question but I would say 6.92333333333333333



4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?

Well sure!


5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?

Sometimes but I usually enjoy the scenery!



6. Which line is hardest to wait in?

The BATHROOM! (ask anyone who knows me)
It's my potty and I'll cry if I want to!


7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?

Yes but it wasn't for me. I wanted to be surprised....but I already knew before the doctor.



8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?

Elderly and babies under 5 (or until they learn to talk back.)



9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Yes. I was 9 or 10 and I never ever ever ever ever did it again!



10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?

Again this is relative to the level of intimacy....for food I waited several years to have Panjos Pizza from Corpus Christi, TX  - A year for moussaka from Scampi's in Fort Worth, TX
and there is something I'm still waiting on....very intimate.
(Ok lol on the food stuff here!! the commercials are insane!)
Oh and for 11 years I have been waiting for a perfume: Tuscany per Donna! lol My powder needs a friend!



11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?

Me for sure.



12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)

My song wasn't on the list. I was hearing this song the entire time I typed so if you see the lyrics here and there that is just the way my mind works,
I do love Carly!
Richard Marx makes me think....
I love Tom Petty for sho
and I do Rebecca St. James too!!
BUT......
The KINKS are my whiners!! Ooops did I say that? I mean WINNERS!



Tired of Waiting for You! by the Kinks!

Love ya lots!!!


5 comments:

Edie said...

Love your answers. #3 and #6 made me lol.

Thanks for visiting my graphics blog and for your kind comments. :D

Hey we're neighbors too!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! It is important to enjoy the scenery along the way...lol.
Love meeting new people with Random Dozen.

Until next time...nel

Moments of Grace said...

Chel,
I just discovered your blog today and have enjoyed it tremendously. Your writing about your mother so touched my heart. Without God's abiding presence we could never face the issues of life.
Keep writing those wonderful stories of faith and courage.
Blessings to you today.

In Grace,
Marie

Skoots1moM said...

love me some tom petty, too!

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Hi Chel,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm having a great time meeting new folks! Fresh bread from Macaroni Grill? We are kindred spirits for sure...

Hugs,
Renee