Sunday, January 31, 2010

Useless No More!!

All things work for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28


Have you ever gone through a period in your life when you felt and truly believed your life had no purpose? Was it a time when your calling was in question and you did not meet the expectations of others? This is not a fun time in what is supposed to be an abundant life.


Now just to be clear, I am not speaking of suicidal thoughts or severe depression but simply the horrible feelings of rejection. Rejection is a personal perception that you were not accepted, fully accepted by others, even friends. I fought this devastating spiritual battle in my past, but I am thankful and blessed to tell you I am living on freedom's side now!!


I felt trapped in someone's perspective of who I was. I had recieved a comparison with possible good intentions that I "should be like (_____) or (_____)." Oh my dear friends, comparing your friends to others for whatever reason results in deep and hurtful alienation regardless of your intentions. We must always consider others better than ourselves. Trust me when I say, do not create a place where your friends have to cater to your preferences. Just pray for them, and if it is as serious as you think God will convey this. Otherwise, there will be a wedge that may never disappear between you and more importantly they may never hear what God wanted them to. It is a dangerous place if we try to play the Holy Spirit for someone. Again, I have done this to my husband, I do not recommend it.


I have spent my share of time feeling like I could never measure up in the eyes of anyone. But God showed me that it had become my choice. He gave us feelings and they do get hurt BUT we have to give it to HIM. It seemed that everything I did was lacking but hope showed up and spoke. The Word of a Holy God began to penetrate my heart and move me beyond the misplaced intentions of friends. I can look at them now without tear stained eyes or feelings of inadequacy.


First, I tried to "fix" things and evidently that was not handled to expectations either and I ended up hurting their feelings as well. Which I have repentantly begged of forgiveness from my precious Father as well as my friends.


There were blessings reaped from this time of sowing in my life. I pray that I will be able to convey those blessings to you and you too will be able to hear freedom ring. Please know that I recognize I was equally responsible for my reaction as they were for their actions. And it is important to realize that in the Lord you must forgive even if you never hear the words "I'm sorry". The Lord has freed me from their lack as well as mine. Here is an important key in my freed life: only when I fully forgave this indiscretion did I began to hear what my precious Counselor was trying to say to me.


First, He deeply desired a fully healed child. Afterall, the HEALER lived in me. (How dare I live as He was not there.) I don't know about you but I don't serve as well ill as I do when well.


Secondly, He deeply desired a fully restored relationship with me without bitterness and regret. Brothers and Sisters, those are heavy anchors. I was locked in the past and loaded with emotion. Notice the use of the terms "locked" and "loaded" - they are usually used regarding weapons. If was not careful, I was on my way to becoming a lethal weapon and it resides in each of us - the tongue.


Finally, my dear Heavenly Father deeply desired, an abundant life for me. This life would be free not necessarily carefree. This life would be fun but alas there was work to be done. This life would attract others to Him, the One who healed me. I can honestly say and sing that the Healer has truly set me free.


Recently, the Living Word has given me something new to hold onto that is profoundly true and equally as challenging. Please grab your Bible and open to Philippians 3:16 SPEAK those words over and over until they seep so deeply into you that you taste them on your lips and smell them on your skin.


This glorious message is simply this: You are called. You are loved. You are accepted above all creation. Now one thing for you to do (me to do): Live Up To It!


Philippians 3:16, "Only let us live up to what we have already attained."


Dear sweet friends, you are crowned by the King of Kings!!! Do not be a rebellious child any longer. Ask the Lord to show you what you have attained. I am certain the answer will be eternity if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you do not know Him as your Lord and Savior please contact a pastor, local church, or a friend who does. I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.


He may possibly say you have attained forgiveness - do you live as one who has been forgiven of so much?


He may say you have attained a calling. Did you know that if you are a child of God you have one? We all do.


He may say you have attained an inheritance. Did you know that as a child of God you are co-heirs with the Son of God, Jesus Christ?


You have attained so much in the name of Jesus. All we, I, have to do is live like I believe it!


- Abide in Him and Live!!!


Lovingly HIS and yours,

Chel

No comments: