Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We Can't Go On Together

with suspicious minds....I too was a skeptic. When my daughter and I went to Brazil last year on mission trip, I saw it bring its ugly head to the top of my mind and heart. I truly wondered if all the people I met could truly be that accepting and loving. And truly be accepting the Savior. I had never seen anything like that in my life. I had seen the power of the Holy Spirit in my midst but WOW and Whoa buddy, It WAS true.

God and I spent many many many moments perhaps hours working this wall down to size that could be stepped over. I was so in love with the country and the people yet I had this lingering thought in the back of mind. Too much tv drama??? I don't know.

We saw many lives changed on the spot. I personally was witness to hundreds of people accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior. It took not my amount of faith to be able to see, but all the might from the one in whom I place my faith and my trust. Jesus truly showed Himself powerful to me during that time.

This once, very skeptical heart is here to tell you that indeed it was faith but it was also the LORD!

for the previous story go here: http://abidingbranch.blogspot.com/2008/08/faith-cure-for-skeptical-heart.html

Love, Chel

4 comments:

marine's words said...

wow ! Brazil that must of been a beauitful trip for what I have seen on TV it looks pretty I don't know too much about the people over there,sound like you had a good stay over there.marina

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You know what? I think we're skeptical about LOTS of people receiving Christ so willingly because of what we see day in and day out here in the US.

There are so many trapped in materialism here, and they just can't see past that. If it's going to cost them their "stuff" or damage their image, then they cannot bring themselves to believe.

When we see so few who are willing to forsake all and follow Him, it seems foreign to us when we do see it.

I've not seen it personally, but when I've seen pictures of people flocking to hear more of Christ in the streets of some land far away, I have found myself thinking, "What are they thinking they will get out of it?"

When really, they just are drawn to the love of Christ and don't have the junk to hinder them.

Whew. I think my comment is longer than your post! hee hee

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Sometimes it's easy to get burned out here in the states too. Particularly with youth ministry. You have to minister to all aspects of the kids, body, emotions, spirit, and it's a very thankless job. But then ... there are those who soak up the love like sponge and then their hearts are ready to receive. But to see a crowd like the one you mentioned, that's wonderful.

Diane Meyer said...

That sounds fantastic. I would have loved to witness this, too. Very cool.