Friday, August 8, 2008

Kicking Unbelief to the CURB!!!


Totally Tubular Thursday is a blur and Friday is nearly a distant memory. My next two weeks are going to be completely busy but I had to stop and admit some things.




This last week in Believing God kicked my unbelief to the curb....woo hoo! Go GOD Go!




I never realized that I failed to believe that He would reward me. To be honest I would never have called it unbelief until I hit day 2.

I know that I seek HIM and I truly do find HIM, but I had never stood on the promise of His rewards! Wow! Where was I? NOT on vacation I will tell you that much.

Do you ever feel trapped in the land of "It is what it is"? Boy, I have so been there. I have moved from angry to depressed to it is what is. And quite frankly, eh hem, I don't like the definition of is. lol Seriously, the "is" is not working for me and the unbelief had to go!

So allow me this......


Thank you my dearest Lord Jesus for Saving me and keeping me for yourself. Thank you for putting enough of you in me that I would long for more and more! Thank you for giving me some of your light that I may see the dark spots and hand them over to you. Thank you for giving me salt that some of the stings of life would be healed quickly. Thank you for being a baby to help me remember you know what fraility is. Thank you for obeying your own parents to remind me of your authority. Thank you for raising Lazurus and not just simply healing him so that the Father would be glorified your existence noted!


Thank you for dying the criminals death so that this worn out bag of flesh and sin could be free and join you in eternity.


Thank you for rising again and promising to return as the most handsome Groom anyone has ever seen and making me part of your Bride and wanting me.


Thank you for freeing me from unbelief so I can believe you will empart power and reward me for earnestly seeking YOU.


Thank you Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ~ I love you!!!

From your very simple unworthy abiding branch ~ Chel

6 comments:

God's Girl said...

Thanks for sharing! I was blessed to read your blog. The name of it caught my eye. Our women's retreat is going to be "Abiding on the Vine" this year.

May God continue to be glorified in you and through you.

Bless you friend!

Julie

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh Chel, that was beautiful, and convicting for me. I am ill this morning, so I can't sit here long enough to go into more depth, but trust me, you hit home, esp. with "It is what it is." (The reason I've posted today and tomorrow in spite of feeling awful is that they were pre-scheduled.) Thanks for doing this study with us, Chel.

Diane Meyer said...

Didn't day two just hit hard? But in a really good way? I loved it too.
I'm joining youin praying for the removal of our UNbelief.
Yay!
Diane

marine's words said...

thanks for sharing these was good.marina

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Oh, gurl, I have SO been there: It is what it is. Yuck. Why should we settle for that, right? We're daughters of the KING!

Beautiful prayer at the end, too. I could honestly say it with you word for beautiful word.

Love you, my sista!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Chel, did you get my email about referencing you in a post? I wanted to get your permission ....