Thursday, August 21, 2008

Share a Prayer!

OK, this is straight from my Believing God journal. I really debated on sharing this but you just never know who has the same size shoe as you so always bring an extra pair! Amen or Oh Me!


Lord, I know that the life you have called me to is purposed to magnify and glorify you! That all the trials and tribulations are so that the end result will be more of YOU and less of me.


Lord help me hand it all over to you Father! Cover my eyes so I see only what you would have me to see. Set my mind upon you and the things of YOU. Devour the repugnant in your sight and set my feet upon HIGH HILLS (thank you Tabby) Please move your love, compassion, and understanding through me to others.


Help me to wholly and totally be concerned only with you and to that degree which you know in my heart. Keep me in your very capable hands and put blinders on me so that as I step out in faith I see not the water but YOU (thank you Sister). Help me think on only these things which are listed in Phil. 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."


Protect my family Lord as your refine us to be more like you and reign all over us!

Keep my eyes on you and your Promised Land (Thank you LORD, thank you Jesus, thank you Abraham, thank you Beth - see DidiLyn I did it!) for me. All obstacles and circumstances aside LORD for it is in you along I will abide.


8 comments:

Walking on High Hills said...

Hello dear Sista! You are so sweet!

It is good to read your blog!

Transparency is ok sometimes! In our humility He is exalted!

...Keeping your eyes/trust upon Him as He is so faithful. I love the Philipians verse. I love Believing God!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Chel, that is beautifully heartfelt. I love the elements of faith interwoven with affirming his capabilities. It is a prayer of believing God, for sure. Thank you, sweet girl.

Diane Meyer said...

Your heart shows loud and clear and sweet in your prayer. Your desire to grow closer to Him is obvious. I know He'll honor this.
:-)

Lynne said...

Dear Chel, I read over on Beth's Blog that you are all blogging over at Believing God. What part of the community are you all hanging out in? I am on week 2 (the end of it). I began the study many moons again, but was distracted away. I have begun again, and this season of my life I am more blessed by this study than ever!

Chel said...

Hi Lynne (my middle name btw drop the e :-) )
Click on the Believing God logo on my site and you will be directed to one of the moderator's pages. You see 2nd Cup of Coffee on this comment forum? She is one of the moderators as well. She and meyersonthehood.blogspot.com are hosting this for us. I am not sure of the # of people doing it but is surely a blessing. If you are a week or so behind us that is just fine. With school starting we may find a few behind after next week.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Chel

Chel said...

Oh DidiLyn had commented too, she is meyersonthehood which is where the logo will take you. :-)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Love you, girl. He WILL see you through, and He WILL finish what He's started in you.

You can count on it.

I love you, my sister.

Shonda said...

Great prayer! We can count on HIM.
Engrafted by HIS Grace-
Shonda