Sunday, August 10, 2008

No Sunday School Answer Here

Kim at the Internet Cafe has a posed a question: What is one thing or cause that you are passionate about?

I know it sounds a lot like the Sunday School answer but I am passionate about Jesus! I know that He will fulfill the desires of my heart as long as I keep my focus on HIM and HIM alone. It is so easy to look at yourself or others too much.

I do feel completely called to women's ministry and I know that the Lord will allow this to be my vocation at some point. I am passionate about studying and teaching the names of the Lord. I believe that each of HIS names reveals an important aspect of His character and allows us to see more of Him than we could imagine.

I am passionate about spreading the gospel and knowing that people have security in Jesus Christ.

I have a deep passion for my family and love to spend time with them being silly, being serious, and going to church. We love to camp and be out in God's glorious creation. I am passionate about whatever my kids are passionate about! I am passionate about the color purple and writing. I love to write what I learn and I love to learn.

God has blessed me beyond what I deserve and has fashioned each passion in my heart in order that I will please Him with all my heart, my mind, and my strength. I know He will be faithful to finish what He has begun in me.

And that is reason enough to have passion.

Chel - An Abiding Branch

15 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

OH this wraps you up nicely!! I love this question...especially for you!

Very well written!

Hey, P.S...come to my blog - I have a surprise for you!

Love you!

marine's words said...

love your post! marina

Sierra Leone Mission Trips said...

Love your site! And yes, being passionate about Jesus is it!! He is my all-in-all. Praise God!

God bless...

Lily said...

I too am passionate about God's creation. I love to camp!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hang on to the passion, Chel. Yes, I think I got your message saying it is OK for me to reference you. I'm glad!

marine's words said...

Hope you do well on your test let me know,blessing marina :)

marine's words said...

Hope you do well on your test let me know,blessing marina :)

Chel said...

Marina, thank you so much!
Chel

Chel said...

Linda, I will, I quite like HIM!! lol
Chel

Shonda said...

I share your passion for Jesus! And women's ministry. And camping. And writing. I too have been abundantly blessed. I'm ready to sing some praises [u-humm, make joyful noises]!

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

marine's words said...

hope you are feeling better,love
marina :)

Chel said...

Thank you all for your prayers. I did ok on the test would have done better if I had felt better. :-( But overall the class has gone well. I do feel better now.
Chel

Lily said...

I haven't been "real" camping since I moved to NC. I usually go to the state park with a bunch of ladies from church. It's fun.

When I was in CA, we used to drive to a place called Eagle Meadows. It was a good four hours away. I miss that.

Mozi Esme said...

That's definitely the most important passion!

Walking on High Hills said...

Hey Chel,

I've been keeping busy- very.
It's fun to see that you're keeping up witht the blogging!!

take care,

Tabby