Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ahhhh, Friendships



Kim at the Internet Cafe has posted a question for the week: "What is one thing that you absolutely love about friendships? Why?

On the other side, what is one thing that you find absolutely difficult when it comes to friendships? Why?"


See there is this one perty little gal who is a fellow SeaChel and she is my best (BFFL) lol, we have been through almost everything together in life and have been there for each other in everything. And can I get a woo-hoo that we will be together eternally!


I would take the highest high or the lowest low with this chica! She's the best, she's a doll, she's a rock - not THE ROCK mind you but one nonetheless, lol. I think I speak for us both when I say that we know what it means to have only one another and we find that it is still absolutely good no matter the circumstances. We have cried rivers and built bridges together, and now that we are in ministry together we hope in the LORD that others will be able to do the same.

That little popular quote is quite dead on, Live, Laugh, and Love. If you are not doing that with your friends, they will drift away in the river of tears and that is one tough bridge to build.

On the downside, when you see a friend struggling and you know that you are not the one to help them through it, it is hard. It is hard when you give friends advice and they turn it around to justify what they are doing. Boy, that makes it really tough. I guess that is why they call it tough love. I may be good at some things but that one is tough for me, no pun intended!

I have learned that just as we go through seasons of good and plenty so do our friends. Just as we go through seasons of drudgery and dispair, so do our friends. Just as we have home troubles of various sorts, so do our friends. The bottom line is that we are learning to love like Jesus! And that is fine by me.

In HIM wholly,
Chel - An Abiding Branch

4 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Awwwwww...d'ose pitchers are so coot!! :-)

Love ya lady!

marine's words said...

love your post on friendships and good friends are hard too come by you are bless to have us a good friend, :)
thanks for stopping by I am looking forward to meeting and everyone in blog ville we are so close hope to get too know you better,love.marina

marine's words said...

I think we just miss each other I was on your blog you where on mine LOL!!! looking forward to meeting you and Tabby :)marina

Shonda said...

I think having good friends is important to our lives. Sometimes, it's a risk, but one worth taking.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments for me. Are you going to Siesta Fiesta in San Antonio?