Monday, March 23, 2009

The Ultimate Blog Party 2009!!!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2009



Hello!! My name is Rachele and I go by Chel (shell). I love to write and I have had so much fun blogging. My blogs are almost a year old! I am a wife of 17 years and a mother of a 16 year old precious-princess-daughter and a 10 year old sweet-as-pie son! I am so excited to be participating in this blog carnival. I love carnivals e-sphere or hemisphere! I have one question, "Does this one come with cotton candy?" I do have caramel popcorn I guess that will do.

I had accidentally posted my linky under Facebook but it should be only "Family Friendly".

A couple of cute things about my kiddos. My daughter was praying immediately upon hearing sirens at age 2 and my son potty trained himself. When my darling little girl would hear sirens she would come running with her little hands folded and say, "Mom, someone is hurt, we must pray!" Her exuberance is still unmatched! Now with the little streaker, imagine our curiosity when he came walking out of the bathroom naked. When we asked him what he was doing he simply and plainly replied..." I went potty." As if it were no big deal!! It took 4 years to potty train my daughter and these days don't get her laughing too hard, or me for that matter!!! (it's all in the bladder!! or not that would be the problem.) Ok, TMI!! sorry.




Our family is into many things first is church. Our church is a blast with many opportunities to serve and learn in a growing community North of Fort Worth, Texas. And the members are so loving and caring, you feel like you are home. I am a Texan thru and thru. I have lived other places and there truly is "no place like home" for anyone I suppose.

{clink clink}


I also have some room for a couple of more bloggers to join in on a game, read this post and follow along!! Join the fun and Let's Play!!


I have a few blogs and this one is for various things that may be on my heart, through my camera, or of rhyme and reason! I love to write poetry although I have not written much lately. My best friend (sister) and I have a ladies ministry together that just turned 6 years old! We are very blessed and excited to be serving the Lord while ministering to women. It is called WOVEN Ministries (Women Of the Vine Equipping Nations).



I have another blog where I write about the beautiful multi-faceted names of our LORD. It makes it much easier to understand His will when you understand His characteristics.



I have loved and collected old books since 1994. There are various types of books in my collection from the books of my Grannie which are well over 100 years old, poetry, and books all the way to WWII era publications. I like most everything, eclectic in many ways.



I work in the insurance field as a source of income and will be very excited when the Lord brings to fruition all that is on my heart. I have faith that the One who began the work in me will be faithful to complete it. Medicare is the area I am going to be focusing on and will be launching another blog. Medicare Check Mate will be for the internet savvy seniors and their families to explore, because it always seems under attack from many angles. And the strategy behind Medicare and all that comes with it can be very confusing.



Our family is into golf and camping. Sometimes camping includes dirtbikes and four wheelers. I will be on the four wheeled version and leave the 2 wheels to those who like them. We camped over spring break in East Texas while the kids played in a two day tournament in Tyler, Tx. The RV park was run by a very nice family and it will be fun when we can go back.



Thank you for coming by my blog and enjoy your blog-hoppin' as you go through the many options of this carnival! I hope that you will be back, I will return the favor for sure. I am always searching for new blogs to read!



As I perused the many prize offerings I absolutely feel in deep love with the possibility of a #58: Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer. I have longed deeply for one for many years and it is simply out of my price range. I love to bake and would use it like crazy!!! Thanks to the generous offer from Moms Who Think!! You rock!!!

Next this touched my fancy! My husband's favorite restaurant is Carrabba's and when I saw this offer I squealed with joy! #88 a $40 gift certificate to Carrabba’s Italian Grill. I would like to thank The Divine Miss Mommy for providing the prize.


Then, I saw #50: a $50 gift certificate to Paperlicious, provided by: Paperlicious - Hip Invites & Notes. With our ladies ministry supplies that are appealing to the eye are in high demand!

And #19 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores, provided by: Shoot-Me-Now. (love that title! lol)

I am also interested in #68 Christian Book Gift Card, $30 gift certificate to Christian Book Distributors, provided by: A High And Noble Calling.


And #71 – flip flops for Mom & Daughter from Top It Off, provided by: Top It Off.



Enjoy the blog carnival I know I am!!! If you are interested in joining do so before the 27th!! Hope on over to 5 Minutes for Mom. You will find the instructions and where to go from there!

Tootles,
Chel

14 comments:

janetfaye said...

Stopping by to say hello from the UBP!

Unknown said...

Just stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party! Nice to meet you.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and the music is GREAT. I will be back soon to read more.
This is my first party and I love it.

Be sure and Stop by my blog for a visit. Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends. I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
I own a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years. From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use. I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes . They will be the $100 deluxe size. I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!

Teresa

KarenW said...

Welcome to the party! I love your blog. I am also a Christian and love meeting new blog friends. Stop by when you have a chance.

Walking on High Hills said...

Just dropping in to say HOLA, I can't do the carnival...way to busy these days...but I love to read your blogs...Have a hoppin carnival of a day!

marina said...

coming by too say hello and wow ! love your picture you look so pretty ") marina

marina said...

wow! LOVE YOUR KNEW PICTURE YOU LOOK SO PRETTY ") MARINA

marina said...

wow! LOVE YOUR KNEW PICTURE YOU LOOK SO PRETTY ") MARINA

Anonymous said...

Hi, Chel! Thanks for stopping by my blog through this fun party. Your comment made my day.

God bless!

Vintagesquirrel said...

Hi Chel! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. You're right... that ugly cake really was yummy.

I am so happy to have been introduced to your blog. (I love the design.)

Since I was a small child,I have said a prayer every time I hear a siren, too.

Be sure to come back and visit me again - I think we may just have lot in common.

-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hiya, just popped over to say Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with your Medicare blog, that will be really good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachele! So very nice to meet you. Love the background of your blog! Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

Cindi @ Mama Mentor said...

Visiting from the UBP & enjoyed reading your blog!

My buffet table is set ~ stop by & stay awhile!


http://mamamentor.blogspot.com/
http://moomettesmagnificents.com/blog
http://moomettesmagnificents.com/reviews

Anonymous said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.