Monday, March 15, 2010

Sometimes You're the Owner and other times You're the Donkey

 I loved a post I read today at Leigh Gray's blog: http://leighhargisgray.blogspot.com/2010/03/815-does-it-matter.html. for a paraphrase: "We need to be focused and quit trying to see the forest and the trees and just look to the Cross and our Savior", well said Leigh, well said!

But what hit me was my title while reading her post: Sometimes we are the owner doing the action and other times we are just the donkey. We may not get a treat for what we do or endure but we do deliver the Savior! We may not get approval, recognition, or even a mere mention in the footnotes but WE GET TO DEIVER THE SAVIOR!

vs



"One of these things is not like the other!"

The donkey seems down right ridiculous doesn't he? I can relate! And the rancher seems so dignified and full of purpose. He knows what he IS SUPPOSED TO DO and does it without question and without doubt! and I'm jealous for that feeling. I want to know but today I don't so just call me Donkey.

hmmm.....but my flesh still screams at times. "Hee Haw Hee Haw" and be careful not to go behind me.... 

But still it occurred to me after listening to one of the Jesus, The One and Only videos during one of our Beth Moore studies as she quoted Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie had been asked about how she dealt with the fame etc and she pointed the audience to the imagery of the donkey Jesus rode triumphantly into the city and told them that "the donkey knew that all the cheering wasn't for him". So humble she was! And Beth gets told all the time that she looks a lot like Beth Moore. hmmm. Anyway, I digress.

Leigh hits a nerve for me today. No bad at all but hit it nonetheless! If I had a tree or forest I may have already taken off so today its a good thing that perhaps I am without a doubt The Donkey! (yes you may say it like Shrek if you know the voice!)

We can go about our lives just standing there and before you know it there is all this "stuff" going on around us or in donkey terms, another hill to climb with no watering hole - you followin' me?

So you tired you are worn out and you had just finally got some much needed rest then you would like to go and graze and do your own thing but your owner has just stopped you in your tracks (the donkey was tied to a pole remember.) You don't realize that you are about to be used for such a glorious task but while tied up you kick and scream and do all kinds of "hee-hawin'"... then BAM! You are untied and led into an unknown territory for an unknown purpose. (Now realistically THIS donkey may have known his purpose but for today because I'm not sure we will assume he was as clueless as I am! Ok ok )

So with this economy, your insecurities, your doubts, and yes your fits....how do you relate today?
Tell me please. Maybe we can all lead each other into greener pastures while following HIM together!


Abiding Still,
Chel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I ever know what you are talking about! But, bless God, He sees me a His creation covered by the precious blood, and not as the donkey. That's our ID in Jesus. Thanks for the lovely post.

Barbara said...

Morning, I just found your blog and will add you to my list. Please come and follow me and visit for a while.

Barbara

Tea with Tiffany said...

stopping by to wish you a beautiful Easter weekend. I appreciate your friendship via the blog.

God bless you...