Sunday, March 7, 2010

So Long Insecurity.....Ch. 7 & 8


Boy-oh-boy ladies! Chapters 7 & 8 made me realize why I LOVE LOVE LOVE I love Lucy! That woman had us to face our insecurities from so many different perspectives. I think this is why she is still endearing to a lot of women today, she got it, she understood it, much like the stories Beth shared with us in chapter 7. I related - I laughed - I cried - I sighed - then I laughed thinking of Lucy. That woman (well the character anyway) was eat-up-with-it as our Siesta Mama would say. Eat up I tell ya!

I looked into the mirror for the perspective of Christ and today He spoke a very familiar Word to me. Some of us name our "insecurity" "humility" I know I have done it. Probably a lot of us have. It is down right viral and Jesus is our inoculation! Humility was explained to me this way: Humility is not thinking LESS OF ourselves but less OFTEN. You are supposed to put others first but not due to your fear to step out but for and in reverence to the Lord.

I love that Beth shows us that our dignity is stolen from us. (sometimes right before our eyes I might add)

Insecurity has robbed me of way too much! Quality time with friends and family and that is partially because others also struggle and have to bring you down in order to lift themselves up. The other side to it is that I believed it then threw a pity party and became one with my sofa. I love that sofa but as much as it is great to take a nap on it doesn't make a very good best friend.

Insecurity has led me to believe lies of the enemy especially when it comes out of the mouths of those you have trusted and loved. Seriously, insecurity has made me doubt my calling in the Lord even while in the act of doing it!!! Enough already!

See the sad thing is that this awful word and concept (Insecurity) has been nursed in the business world to compel us to be better than the others. It has been fueled in such a way to make us fear the wrong person or thing - it has blatantly created idols in our hearts!!! Yikes!

To read personal thoughts from many others and from our Siesta Mama herself check out her blog: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2010/03/so-long-insecurity-week-four.html

 I can't wait to post and read on the LPM blog! These two chapters were full of ups and downs for those of us still dying to break free from it.

Abiding Still,

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's good stuff! I saw that she was going to be going through the book, but I am already in another study and didn't feel like I could take it on right now. I may go back through and do it at a later time.

Loved you photos...looks like you all had a BLAST in the snow. The best thing is that spring is nearly upon us!

Blessings today!