Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Random Dozen - April




Thank you to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for continuing to host this meme! I have not had any time since beginning back to work a month ago to play along. So while I had a few I wanted to thank you and play!

1. Define a great relationship.

Relationships can all be great if Christ is the center and all that is HIM flows into each of you offering GRACE when needed, FORGIVENESS at all times (from both people especially since Christ is the center of this relationship), HUMOR  at all times, APPRECIATION OF DIFFERENCES, THICK SKINS AND TENDER HEARTS (thank you Chel for that one, I'll never forget that quote). And, this is huge-massive-ginormous, when you can be yourself to the fullest with that person. No matter how serious or goofy you can get, you can be that with them without fear or aversion!




2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)

I bought my daughter WhatAburger and Chel at Legacy is going to freak over HOW it was ordered...Sara orders hers with ketchup, pickles, and cheese only. (Yes I said KETCHUP!!!) Why must-ard be people who don't order WhatAburger with mustard???



3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)

This actually is a hard question! I love my mini-schnauzer! Bogey (Casablanca's Bogart) is the most awesomest smartest dog evah! I dearly loved my Chow-Chow, China 1990-2005. She was the sweetest most respectful dog in the world. I love our Beagle, Jenny! She is ooey gooshy sweet - but she simply will not fully house train. She is about 12 or 13 now. And then there is Rufus! He is our Shepherd Chow mix. And talk about sugar sweet but just enough of the protective factor in him to get respect from everyone! We have been so blessed with dogs of wonderful disposition!!



4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?

I have lived outside of Texas twice and did not enjoy it much so I would have to state the obvious....Georgia. Chel-Chel my best friend and truly the closest thing to a sister this side of Heaven! I would love to live near her once more. We have been friends since she was three (nearly four) and I was four or turned it right away when we met. God kept us close in heart even when we lost touch. So Georgia it would hafta be!



5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

If I had the power to do so, I would have my father be a Christian and raise me in church. Then he would have been home more after my mom died when I was 11. Our relationship would have been greater sooner. And if I could change it, my mother would not have died of breast cancer in 1983. (yes that makes me 38 for all you math gurus.) :)


6. Who's the funniest person you know?

Most of all my daughter, Sara. She can be down right hilarious! (even if it is unintentional at times!!!)



7. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Don't bother me yet!........................ I have NOT had my 2nd Cup of coffee yet!!.....................
 No really, it was nice and I awoke in enough time to actually COOK breakfast for the kids!



8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?

"Lord, why do I have to wake up with a headache???"



9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY

Grilled! My belly and mouth do not do fried without a revolt!



10. Are you afraid of the dark?

Yes but then I turn on the LIGHT! (inside me that is)



11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A psychologist. (Now I am going to school to do just that!)




12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?

Bright (b/c of my hair not my brains) IDK my BFF Rose!

Please write your post, come back tomorrow after you've published it and link up so that others can come and visit you. Be sure to visit and encourage a few other people, too. It's the NICE thing to do!

Hey, ya'll hop on over to 2nd Cup with our love, Linda and join in on the Random Fun!


Abiding Still,
Chel

7 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

These are some great comments and getting to know you more. Doesn't it seem like the older we get the less we can handle certain food types and prepartions? I like mine grilled over fried anyday.

Please stop by my blog today to meet a blogger in need of help!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Charlene Amsden said...

My mom died of breast cancer when I was three. My dad sent me to live with my maternal grandmother. I did live with my dad a couple of years when I was a teen, but mostly he and I never had a relationship. That makes me sad sometimes, but I do understand that it wasn't because he didn't love me. He was a logger and a miner and just didn't know what to do with a daughter.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Very sweet, tender answers, Chel. You and Quilly both got my heart in this one. Thanks for participating!

Diana Ferguson said...

So enjoyed the "randomness." Good to see you back.

Have a great week.

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! Great ones!

until next time... nel

Mocha with Linda said...

#2 - my boy orders his burgers the exact same way!

#4 - yeah, this was a hard one; who wants to live anywhere but Texas?! :-)

#5 - aww, I wish those had been different for you too. And BTW, you are just a baby at 38!

#7 - cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Chel, glad you are doing well and I enjoyed your answers. I'm living in the NE Texas corner where all the towns were named from places around Atlanta, GA. Been there once, and the topography is similar to this area. However, I'd go to OK. In my humble/nobodycares opinion, it's the second best state in the union. :) Have a wonderful day!