Thursday, October 8, 2009

What Kind of Legacy?

What kind of legacy will you leave, to what will your children see you cleave?
Do you cling to the eternal the Heavenly Father above, or do you wander aimlessly in search of an earthly love?
Do you seek Him out to be your strength and your shield? Or do you run through all the stops with a failure to yield?
Do you find yourself alone and out of place? When was the last time you sought out His face?
How are your knees these days? Do they bend and bow to your own will and ways?
Or do you bow to your Father, Healer, your Keeper? Do you ask for help or simply grow weaker?
To which direction when lost do you look? Have you thought that the compass may be found in the Book?
A book of His Laws, His Word, and His Ways, His Word has the Power to cut through the haze!
To secure you and keep you until He returns for His Bride, Will you walk right beside Him or find a place to hide?
Do you know He is forever a faithful, fearless friend? He is your Savior, your Guide, your Redeemer Amen!

This was on my heart today as I sit among the noise both outside and inside of me. When the bank account runs low will my faith also go? Will I sit and watch as life passes by or will I cry out and go on faith without blinking an eye? The days are growing shorter and the troubles of this life keep us focuses on what is temporary instead of living with the end in mind. If I truly want for it "to be on earth as it is in Heaven", then why would I worry and fret? Am I concerned with what is now only a moment in time or do I store up my treasures in Heaven to abide?

What are you dealing with today? Do you have need of prayer? Do you need an ear? Feel free to leave me a prayer request, if you do not want it published then please tell me so.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please take all our cares and worries to keep sin from reigning in our lives. Assure us and reassure us again that you ARE here you ARE presesnt and you ARE active in our lives. Help us to be a living sacrifice knowing that eternity is at stake in so many lives. Amen

Love, Chel

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Chel,

What a beautiful and thoughtful verse! It is a great reminder of just where our focus should be each day. As I walk through life, I want to make sure that everything I do, I do for God that if He should come back at any moment, I would not be ashamed.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

It has always AMAZED me how you think in rhymes. :-) I love it when God gets you going on something so poetic...nicely done.

Love you to pieces, sistah!

Love the title, too, BTW. ;-)