Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Randommmmm Dozen! Ain't 8 Great?



This is one of the most fun meme's around!!! It is the Random Dozen by Lid! Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts this fabulous blog meme! Grab the button go to hers and link up!! Dive in, go ahead, you'll be glad you did!!

1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?

Sweet, orange, yummy, makes my daughter go crazy every year! She just loves them with a huge intensity!

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)

Hmmmm, 17 years ago....that's...Oops Not saying that. This is a very interesting questinon! tee hee!!!! Ok, I just got a little distracted watching the Bio on Bio for Sam Walton! Very good!! Back on track...must have adhd meds soon! Oh, yes conversation with my spouse, the first one.....Well the only one I can think of was our first dinner at El Chico. He asked if I was afraid to eat to which I said no and ate my meal. Then he asked me if I liked the Dallas Cowboys, I said yes, and he said that we could now continue to date. I bet he is wishing I did not like to eat now!! hahahahahaaha!

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?

Yes, my Grannie always thought I was. I guess I was weird. No meat, no bread, no seasoning or butter on anything....now I wonder why I would have made that previous comment. lol

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?

Not really, I only just put a hat on my little guy in the store, but I did not buy it! Look at him!!! Bogey is the Best!!! Cassablanca's Bogart is my sweetie heart doll baby. He's a Mama's boy.


5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).

My mom
My Rhinestone Cowboy album and my Rudolph Christmas album
Tinkerbell Perfume and Make-up!
Strawberry Shortcake!
Skipper doll & my Farah doll sure wish I had that still!!!
Munchichi!!!
And my entire Raggedy Ann collection...ok well that is just a little too much thought into "stuff" but it is always attached to memories. So I wonder why I get called sentimental!?!

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?

yes

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?

All year!!! It just livens up my spirits especially when rightly focused on Christ!! I love strolling down memory lane often so all year is good with me. I just listened to my Josh Groban Christmas the other day while cleaning and cooking in the kitchen. His Oh Holy Night is the absolute best you must download it!

8. What's your favorite board game?

Yahtzee, and if that doesn't really count then Clue with my son, cards with my family, and Life with my BFF sista Chel at Legacy. We played that till the wheel nearly spun off, and Hungry hippos when feeling silly! That is great!

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?

Love them!!!!

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"

Depends on the person, usually it is easy. Some people make it hard to give an apology to and other times the pride is a factor.

11. What is your favorite candle scent?

That's easy well sort of! Dreamers....Hawaiian Pardise (Plumeria) and Ritzy Raspberry Ripple; Morenci Candles....Banana Nut Bread & Yankee (most of them) & Bath and Body Works is the Brown Sugar and Plum!!!

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?

Pumpkin Dip With Anna's Ginger Thins (See this post......Fall Into Flavor - jumped the gun post) {click on the words in ( )}
Little Quiche
Cream Cheese with Sweet and Spicy Jelly over it and Wheat Thins
Homemade Salsa and Queso
Homemade German choc. cake
Drip Beef with sourdough rolls

Something(s) that represent me...my kids, my heart trinket boxes, my first drawing of a face ever, I've been told it looks a bit like my mom, you tell me. It was not intended nor was I looking at it. Funny huh? (see pics below, the drawing is chalk) my quilt made by Linda from church (oh my I just totally spelled it Lidna first!) My orange counter tops in my kitchen and my lilac/purple bathroom (tub, sink, and toilet are that color)


Thanks Linda!! These are fun!
Chel

8 comments:

quilly said...

Bogey is so cute! He makes an adorable pirate.

I can't believe you actually admitted to owning the Rhinestone Cowboy album. I mean, I did, too, but I'd never tell anybody! ;)

And your first ever face drawing does look like your mom.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Yay, I am the first to comment. Wow, Chel, that drawing is amazingly like the photo. And she was beautiful!

I enjoyed all of your answers. You had some very specific answers about the candles and stuff you miss--don't know if I can measure up to that!

SouthLakesMom said...

Chel, I don't think you need that 2nd cup of coffee! LOL!

Seriously, these are great answers. I loved your list of 60's stuff -- it made my mind start searching back too!

And Hungry, Hungry Hippos! I LOVED that game!

And finally, your first drawing ever shows more talent than I will ever have in a million years! God has really blessed you with it!

Dena said...

Oh my goodness, I forgot all about my Raggedy Ann doll collection. I even had a 4' Ann and a 4'Andy that always sat on my bed.

Josh Grobans Oh Holy Night is definitely one song I could listen to year round. He is amazing!

And the next time you have an open house...I'm totally coming! Your lists sound wonderful!

Michelle said...

oh, i love the original strawberry shortcake! as i go around reading everyone's random dozen i keep adding to the things i miss!

Judy said...

I love to play Yahtzee too. Probably because I can beat my husband at it and not get smoked like EVERY TIME we play Scrabble. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Joyce said...

I loved your answers...you are something of a candle afficionado : )

I'm a big fan of Josh Grobans version of O Holy Night too...I never get tired of hearing that one.

The drawing definitely looks like your mom...she's lovely.

Susanne said...

Oooo Candles from all over. Your my kind of gal. Right now I'm loving "Leaves" from Bath and Body Works.

You can come make appetizers for any gathering I'm having. Those sound wonderful!