Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Dozen #7!!!



1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

Personally, I have my favorite letters that must be written and I slide right into printing without choice. My brain to hand signals are warped just a bit!




2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

Dreamer, definitely a dreamer!


3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

Hall and Oats!!! ha ha!!!
Seriously, I hafta choose? Really depends on my mood and which song.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

I listened to family that said the Ring was not bad....boy were they wrong! I had nightmares literally and that is the realist part of me speaking! I refused to see it again and closed my eyes for every single preview after that.


5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

On December 3, 2005 I was abruptly awakened by the neighbor pounding on my door while yelling that the house was on fire. I did not believe him at first. When I was about 7, we received a call saying our garage was on fire. We ran outside and everything was fine, but when my dad reentered the house we had been robbed! My grandfather's shotgun was stolen. See, the accomplice called to get us out so the robber could leave through the back door. So, when this presented itself in 2005 I did not believe him.... then he screamed my name!

Thank the Lord that my house was not on fire; the shed was. When I peered into my living room it was glowing orange from the fire outside. We had not had rain that year in quite some time, unlike this year. Evidently, the idiots were smoking and put a lit cigarette in the trash can near the shed. They were inside when all the dirtbikes and gas cans began to explode. They escaped before I awoke; it is likely they left when my neighbor began beating on my door. I might mention that I had recently been troubled with insomnia and did not hear one single solitary explosion. I was told it sounded like a shoot-out! $40,000 worth of damage later, we were all fine.

The tree in our backyard which rested on our roof was on fire, but God in His protection kept all sparks from my home! My kids were safe and animals too! We were only without a guard dog for a short time. My Chow-Chow had died and our Chow-Shep Mix was only 2 months old and scared out of his mind. Needless to say no one enters our yard uninvited now.

Yes I would have to say we were all very scared but God and the neighbors were there for us 100%!


6. What word do you misspell without fail?

When typing I misspell "from." I get going way too fast and spell form which spell check will not catch.

When writing I leave out words, well I do that when typing too!!  Who am I kidding? I spell that wrong when in a hurry whether I am typing or writing!


7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

I love to sing but it is not my God given talent!

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

Definitely both!

9. Have you ever been on TV?

Yes! When I was 6 or 7 I was on TV while sitting on Santa's lap. In 1997 I was interviewed on the morning show in Tulsa for the Senior Citizens Health Fair and they showed up live as well! Plus I was interviewed on the radio too. Then once my voice was on FoxNews! It was Shepard's show. tee hee!



10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

Apple pie (but Pumpkin Dip or Pumpkin Pie Cake!) but definitely Apple Pie!! :-)



11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

Just one, Runner's World, for motivation....hasn't quite worked yet! But I am learning a lot!!



12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
 
 What lesson do I NOT keep re-learning? Time management comes to mind first at the moment...while I sit here blogging at 4 AM! lol
 
Twas fun! Chel

12 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

I love random dozens because you just never know what kinds of questions you will be getting and just what new and interesting things you would be learning about someone.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Betty W said...

haha, I´m sitting here reading this at 4 a.m.! :) So much for time management.....
To Nr. 9: YOU´re a star! Can I have an autograph? :=)

SouthLakesMom said...

What a scary memory! Fire is one of those heart-grabbers! But God always lets us see the blessings in scary things, doesn't He? Glad everyone was okay.

Dena said...

Great answers! I can't imagine how scary the fire was. We had a chow/shepard too. She died a couple of years ago at almost 15 yrs old. Sweet dog, but yes - very protective.

I think I've given up on time management. I try and try, but sadly it's just not happening. ha!

Joyce said...

Is there a recipe for Pumpkin dip because that sounds yummy?

Time management=not something I excel at either

It was fun to read your answers..enjoy your day. I hope you get a nap because blogging at 4 am means you will probably need one : ) I was up at 4 too. I smelled coffee brewing and panicked for a minute thinking I'd left something on in the kitchen when I went to bed. Turns out I set the coffee timer without my glasses on and the clock was two hours fast. So, coffee brewed at 4.

Susanne said...

4 a.m.? Oh girl, you are one early riser!

Very scary about the fire. And what an awful thing about the robbery.

I'm not good with scary movies either.

Greg C said...

I am with you on the word From. I type it form lots of times. I used to get runners world but I found out there there isn't much to running except eating right, stretching properly and of course running. Great post.

Barbara H. said...

What scary events -- both the fire and the robbery.

It sounds like most of us don't do scary movies, at least of the responses I've read so far.

There are words that I transpose when typing, too. I tend to hit the ; button too often instead of L. Spellcheck does catch that, but I get annoyed for having to correct it so often.

I have learned a lot about time management over the years -- but still have a long way to go -- and need to put into practice what I do know.

Barbara H. said...

Oh, and Pumpkin Pie Cake? That sounds interesting!!

Mrs. E said...

I am so with you on time management--and yes, blogging is bad for that!

That fire story was something else!!

Kim said...

Giggled when I read #3 :-)

Fires are terrifying; glad you were all okay!

It's amazing how many of us cannot sing! lol We should form a choir once we get to heaven :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Shepard Smith?! OH, he's ... dreamy. Haha. So I think you should post on what you said.

These were some really interesting, intense answers. The whole robbery thing would really scar a person. So glad your fire did not harm you or family.

have a lovely weekend with your fam.