Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Jewel of a Find!

Our church has undergone some addition and in the process we are adding a library. They have emptied out some of the older books and set them out for the taking!! Imagine my surprise when I found a beautiful old book!! The illustrations are gorgeous in the book!

I have collected old books of various sorts since '94. My first find was book of poetry from 1895 by Keats which contained a pressed four leaf clover!!  But I believe this is now the oldest book in my collection.
This will be such a gem to read to my grandchildren one day!!!
It is called First Steps for Little Feet in Gospel Paths by Charles Foster, 1885!

I am absolutely elated!!! I have found several old books but this was the most exciting for me.



I cannot wait to see what they put out on the tables next!
Chel

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

Chel,

What a lucky treasure you were so fortunate to find.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat