Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tough as Snails

Have you ever had to do something you knew was right but dreaded it to the core? Did you notice how slow you were to act in obedience (eh hem, if it is not immediate is it still obedience? ~ probably not)





Seriously, abiding does not mean doing nothing at all. Also, when you abide in HIM (Jesus) you must adhere to His desires and not your own; this does call us to action. I had to do such a thing today. I had waited thinking it was all going to work itself out but that is the way it is with human nature, it is so volatile.

For those two of you reading this, please pray for the other person and for me that healing would come quickly and consequences are swift and precise. God has so much planned for each of His children, much like we do for our own. We hate to see them stumble but when we do we pray like crazy that they do not lie there but get up and dust off and start again. I pray this for my sister in Christ tonight.

I know the consequences for my snail like ways have wreaked havoc inside of me and through the phone lines to my sister and best friend. I thank God for each person in my life but this gal holds a special spot untouchable and unfillable upon the face of this old and fading earth.
I have truly learned what it is to be held to a higher accountability ~ still wondering if it agrees with me (cough cough). The love of Jesus is so deep and so wide and we are told that this love covers a multitude of sins. I have only ever dismissed two people from life in all my XX years and each time it was for my health, my sanity has long been gone, and it was better overall in my life.
We must guard our hearts for they truly are the well spring of life but also keep in mind our hearts are so deceitful. If I always listened to my heart and left reason by the shore then I am not certain what my days would look like now. Oh sure I might “feel” better but would I be?
I guess that is enough of my ramblings now. I pray that your decisions are easy and your footing firm so that you can make the tough decisions and soar like with wings of eagles. Remember all we have to do is realize HE is Tough as Nails and that forgives our snail-like ways all the time.

In Christ, Chel

2 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You know I am praying...

And in your sentence that reads, "...in all my XX number of years..."

Is that supposed to be Roman Numerals? Because seriously, I know better!!

Love you!

Chel said...

OH my my, I just want to keep them guessing.....