Thursday, July 24, 2008

It sure is quiet in here....

The Entertainer....

My daughter is at camp right now and I only have 3 more years of high school left with her. I am still not sure if she will be staying home and going to school locally or if she will indeed go away and leave us quiet and unentertained. She had announced about 3 years ago she would go to school locally because she really enjoyed having a meal every night and was afraid of starving in a dorm. But after a year in high school I think she is ready to leave. This last year had her home a lot but that is another post!!

She has always been so humorous from feeding the VCR (that ancient device) her little troll dolls and declaring all things disgusting because she finally learned a big word. Once, at age 4 she sat alone at a table looking very sad after a baby shower for a friend. I went to her and asked why she was sitting there looking so sad and she plainly asked, "When are we going to wash the babies?" We still laugh about that one.

I keep waiting for the day that she will become a Veternarian Barbie Doctor. She could say the word right but would get fantasy and reality mixed up, much like her teen years now. She was in a video at age 5 which should have landed her right beside Bill Cosby on kids say the darndest things. From the Barbie doctor comment to the wanting a tatoo at her tender young age I have never been bored with her around.

The other night at dinner my son announced that it was sure quiet without sissy around. And boy is he right! She keeps us in stitches with her candor and entertained with her singing. I believe she was born with a song in her heart. Choir teachers have always loved having her in class because she learns so quickly and she still learns a song word for word the first go-round.

This poor child has painted her feet and hands with red polish, painted her play pin with an unmentionable product, climbed before she walked - no really, escaped the house to go to the neighbors to eat milk and cookies, announced at church that her mommy has the yield sign buddy, asked me if I danced for a living or if it was me singing on the radio - awwww NOT, had the day care asking me if I had trouble keeping her on the ground, told her Kinder teacher that she had been swimming with sharks over the summer and climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty, you name it she has dreamed it or said and NOW SHE IS GOING TO DRIVE? PLEASE JESUS HELP US ALL....

This child of mine is so much fun and has a lot of me and her father in her to make her one interesting piece of work and she gets the insanity from him......
What can I say to this....She is gorgeous!

She has now taken up golf because the club is one of the many things that has wacked her in the head..she is hoping to play golf and get into a college of her choice in order to become an orthodontist. I admire this child who is wise beyond her years and I thoroughly enjoy my little Princess who leaves not one boring moment for any of us.

I miss her and it is truly very quiet here!

1 comment:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Oh Sista, I love this post about our girl...you know she's my girl, right? She's the only one I'LL ever have!! ;-)

You're making me miss her too!