Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Little Pieces






Speaking of snails…let me tell you about my little boy, “FORE he is a jolly good fella!!!!”
My little pieces is a joy to have around, I could put the little ditty of what little boys are made of but mine started opening my car door for me at the age of 2. Yes you read that correctly, he was two and opening doors to be sure he treated me like a lady. And yes, I have had offers to hold him for some little girls already…no way, not even going there, he is mine now and girls are gross…I like it that way (FORE now).


You must be wondering now why I keep misspelling for, I am not, he is my little golfer. A golf club in my hand looks a little like an ax that will not split one log but in his hand it is poetic. His swing is graceful and his accuracy astounding. On 9 holes at age 9, he is already shooting within 5 over par and has hit 2 over a few times. He is 6th in the area with Junior PGA and climbing.


The thing is it doesn’t get to him, he has bad days of course but for the most part when he plays he can blow a hole which would send most golfers into a frenzy of disasters but not him. He recovers well and finishes wonderfully. Finishing well in golf helps because where there is a tie the last few holes are the ones considered for the tie breaker. Yea, Pieces!!!


He is looking forward to having cars like Jay Leno, he is a boy and knows Jay Leno because of his car collection at 9 I was like “Johnny who? Oh that guy!” Well Jay Leno has some amazing cars and my little Pieces is crazy about them and has already taken my order…Asten Martin…woo hoo!


Anyway, he has provided some very relaxing moments for us and he is very protective of us all. My little princess makes you want to get up and dance and my little pieces is calming like lavender. This protective trait showed early on when my hubby and I were in the kitchen chatting over something exciting and we were loud but having fun. This little guy ran in there and demanded that he be nice to his mommy…yes I am praying for my future daughter-in-law, I want this to transfer over to her when he marries.


Just a short time after the gentleman and protector appeared this little determined fella showed up. One day at church he asked me for the “speaker thing” (that would be podium to us) because God had told him to talk to the people. He climbed upon a chair and put his little 3 year old hands on this “speaker thing” and said AMEN with all the fervor his little body and voice could muster. It was the mostly awe-dorable thing!


Now, he loves to cook too and his sissy, the Princess, says that his wife is going to love him. Oh my babies have their flaws but I am sharing those with them in a private journal where one day they will ask me, “did I really do that????” that will be fun then even if there are moments that are not so fun now.


Just keep watch in the future for this little guy with his game face on looking to honor God with one dimpled little white ball. All FORE Him darlin’ all FORE Him!!!

3 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

OH.MY.WORD.

This makes me want to have a girl now so I can marry her off to him!!

Yeah, that won't happen, but I want it to! :-)

Give that sweet boy a giant hug from his Aunt Chel! Love ya!

~Amy~ said...

Chel
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words in your comments. Stop back by anytime.

Walking on High Hills said...

Chele,

Nice to hear from you! You write beautifully! I love your blog about your son and daughter! I sieze the days with my children, it is so worth dedicating blogs to them to show God at work right there in their very own young lives!

I'll visit you again soon!

God bless you today, Sista!