Thursday, July 31, 2008

It sure is hot here!!!



Ok, my Texan is about to surface. I'tis sho nuff hot here!!! I mean to tell you as I drove home from the First Tee I glanced down at my temperature gauge and I thought well, it will change. 25 minutes later I still saw this....are you ready?................................................



Seriously, ya'll, do you see that????? 107 degrees Fahrenheit!!! This was...again are you ready?....7:00 PM!!!




I think I became one with the sun today and let me tell you this is NOT my life's or my heart's ambition. So this brings me to what is.




Are you getting hot where you live? How is your heart, mind, soul? What are you one with tonight?


BTW did you see this.................................................



Ok, back to the point. In this heat lately I have felt one with the sun and I do not think this is what the Father meant. When I am one with sun I get stinky, gross, sweaty, and grumpy. Is anyone feeling this or am I all alone in this?


Amen or oh me.


When you are one with SON, you glow! You are warmed but not overheated. You might get shiny but not from sweat. You get all full of gloriness not grodiness. And you are most certainly NOT grumpy!!!



Wow, what a difference the SON can make!!!



Thank you for listening to the ramblings of one hot and overheated Texan.


Ps. I have a friend who is really really white and I told her that the next time someone says she needs SUNlight to tell them she gets her daily dose of SONlight thank you very much! tee hee. snicker snicker, snort snort (yes I snort)

Be one with the SON today! Chel

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hello from one snorter to another. Wow, that is stinkin' hot. In Indiana, it's not so much the heat as the humidity that will KILL you. Are you originally from there? Because that would be hard to adjust to, for sure.

Chel said...

Oh, yes, Texan thru and thru. Originally from Corpus Christi, the body of Christ...hey I am really am a part of the body of Christ.
I don't even want to touch the humidity although I lived where it is dry and my body doesn't like it.

Chel

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I have to say...I don't miss that ONE BIT!! I think the hottest it's been here in GEORGIA this summer has been 95!

I'm glad to NOT be one with the sun...but rather one with the Son!

Woo hoo!