Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Storm in my Rearview Mirror





Fearless by Max Lucado
Published by Thomas Nelson


Interwoven with truth, Fearless calls us out of the darkness and into the Light of the Lord to recognize the presence of fear in our life. Max Lucado does not disappoint with yet another book that brings us into the Word while in this world.

Fears within fear without, most of us are driven daily by fear and doubt. This is a plague that knows no bounds and does not discriminate. Fear has taken the driver’s seat and causes us to lose sight of what faith really is. We are afraid of being alone, being tired, and not being enough. We are afraid to fail and to succeed. Fear has virtually held the believer captive and made their faith inactive.

Throughout the pages of his book, Lucado confronts the fear with the truth of God’s word, presence, and promise. He brings into a realization that there is only one healthy fear and that will always point us to the one in whom we can place our faith.

Like keys unlocking handcuffs, this book delivers a reminder of the freedom in which we can live daily. In this book I realized the truth about unhealthy fear in my life and it diminishes God’s promises and holds me captive to that which is not truly reality. This incapacitating fear causes me to live frozen in the “what ifs” and “what was” and completely disables me from appropriate responses. I’ve lived engulfed by fear during certain storms in my life and I am glad to see that storm in my rearview mirror.



1 comment:

sara said...

I really want to read this. there is a bible study too isn't there?