Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Was Retro When Retro Wasn't Cool...

My homage to Weird Al, Barbar Mandrell, and the 80's!!!

Homage to Weird Al and Barbara Mandrell


I admit to wearing high waist Levi’s and still use my hot rollers my hair is fluffy and feathered. I still sing along with Michael and Madonna too, wearin my one glove knowing I was cool.

An I was listenin to U2 and actually still do, when all my friends were grooving in some grunge, piercing this and that, I sit back and ask how can you wear that?! I was retro when retro wasn’t cool

I remember going to Burger Chef and Panjos too then takin off to the beach with some of you. See I still have my same leg warmers banana clips too, use a lot of hairspray and even some mouse...

I take a lot of kiddin cause of the jeans I’m wearing but I waited and waited now they’re back in. Now everyone’s asking where did I buy those I simply say I was retro when retro wasn’t cool

I was retro when retro wasn’t cool…I was retro from my feathers to my neon toes. I still act and hear I look the same so in me you gonna get what you see cuz I was retro when retro wasn’t cool

They called me high waister, skinny jean wearer for stickin to my look I’m just glad I don’t care what they think of my hair cuz I was retro when retro wasn’t cool!

ooo…I was retro when retro wasn’t cool. I was retro when retro wasn’t cool

I’ll always dance to pump up the jam, roll my jeans, and say gag me too….

Wore my leg warmers to yesterdays dinner I use my banana clip to make my face thinner

I feather my hair to keep my inner Farah, watch the after school specials starring someone named Sarah

The people were staring when my MC Hammer was blarin’

I’ll keep singing…I was retro when retro wasn’t cool!

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

Chel,

I too can relate to this post! I could never really get into too many of the trends. I just knew after spending the money on too many of them, and finding out that too often they were already not cool anymore, I stopped trying to fit in and just became myself.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat