Sunday, September 6, 2009

Project 365: Super Sludge

Sara, this is not exactly what you had in mind in sharing wonderful pictures and growing in our knowledge of photography but I just had to share! I hope you got your nap today!

If you did not know Sara at A Year of My Life is hosting a year round photography blog! Check it out by clicking the button on the bottom of this post. You will love it!


Did YOU know that your fabric softner dispenser comes apart for cleaning? I did not! I know ewwww! It was gross, disgusting, faint-worthy, allergy keeper, mold grower, absolutely positively just down right wrong!

Friends, this was the worst moment for a Super Sabbath! I have, pardon me HAD, Super Sludge in my washer....check these out. I just be just absolutely embarrassed but just incase someone is as ingnorant to this as I am I must educate! I can live like this no longer!!!

"Wow, it comes apart!"
These two pictures reveal the wasted Downy in my washer. (Above & Below)
This is just WRONG!
No wonder my towels never lost that smell, oooo that smell, I always heard, "Can't you smell that smell?" ooo that smell!! Now I will be singing "so long smell, I can't smell that smell, ooo that smell my wahser never drained so well!! So long smell!"
Now it sparkles and is being washed with a heavy Stanley Home Degreaser!
Next, the towels!
Chel



Project 365

4 comments:

sara said...

seriously, I am not sure I want to look at mine!!! How did you know to take it apart? actually mine is on the side of my washer not in the center so maybe, just maybe mine has no sludge?!

Chel said...

Recently I had cleaned it with vinegar and I was sticking my head in it because I still smelled it and it was gross!! My husband had told me he had cleaned that before as well. Little did I know he didn't know it came apart either. I just wiggled and pulled and out if came. Oh so nasty!!! But it smells so much better in my laundry room now! Who knew it could make that much of a difference!!
Chel

Sue said...

Yuck! Now I want to go rip my washer apart to see what gunk I can find. I use a Downy Ball in my washer so I won't have it all gooey in there... I don't think.

Thanks for this invaluable insight ;-)

Heart2Heart said...

I heard that dryer balls would great because they speed up your dryer and since they contain fabric softner already in them, there would be no need to add it from the washer part.

Now it makes me want to go investigate mine as well. I am not sure I want to see what it looks like.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat