Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another manic mama

Wish it wasn't such a close day...

Ever have days like this? Me too! Cherish them! All too soon your home will become entirely too quiet. With as busy as my princess has been this year my head is spinning with merely the thought of she will be packing her bags entirely too soon!
This was our princess in middle school!
I had to use this pic as she was the first & best Christmas gift I ever received.


My son's observation of the whole thing is best summarized in his response, "The house is sure going to be quiet." He is a young man of few words, that is until you ask him to act upon something. Boy, do his words find their way then! lol


Yep! and this was really close to the look on his face when he said it.

This was taken in October 2010.

And this was the princess 2 days ago!

The very day she graduates, which is a month away, she will pack her bags and head north to teach kids from an Indian reservation about golf. And this is her first week of many that requires a void in my home and heart this summer.

If I wasn't so excited for her I would be absolutely miserable! Clearly I have very weighted emotions at this moment. I know once August hits and we make that final trek to deliver her necessities I will likely melt into a puddle of nothingness. My husband says he will have to scoop me up and pour me into the car. Personally, I think I will be ok until we are about half way home.

But again, if I were not so crazy excited for her I would think of how all this is making me feel. But I just remind myself like I do every single day of my life...it is not about me.

I, we, are very proud of her! And in this I am searching out - IF THERE BE ANY PRAISE - IF ANYTHING IS PRAISEWORTHY OR EXCELLENT....Lord help me but her leaving hardly seems this way now...

But I am certain that He will show me that this too is excellent and worthy of praise!
I know that in her birth and her life HE is worthy of all praise!

Just another manic mama Abiding Still,
Chel


No comments: