Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seriously Random, Randomly Serious Questions of the Random Dozen!



1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

Well usually after wearing "gladiator" "Jesus" sandals, I have blisters on my blisters and because there is no arch support my feet are screaming "ahhhhh the agony of duh-FEET!" That would be how I feel about them. :) But they sure are pretty! LOL


2. What is your favorite pizza?

Panjo's Pizza in Corpus Christi, TX - BTW, if you go I wanna go too!!! Then we can hang at Padre Island!!!


3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?

[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]


From U2 Concert footage: Bono's sunglasses , his jacket, his hat, etc. Larry Mullen's drums....
From the Brady bunch - Marsha's hairbrush!! Just kidding
oooo the Pièce de résistance would be the Ferrari 308 GTS from Magnum PI!!!

I don't ask for much!!!



4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.


We have a mexican restaurant in Fort Worth whose earliest advertisements were hung on the side of a donkey. This donkey was dropped off in downtown Fort Worth to advertise their wonderful (and still wonderful) tender corn tortillas that will make any flour tortilla lovin' mama weep! People would follow the donkey straight to the restaurant and enjoy a delicious handmade authentic mexican meal! And not to mention that the owner and creative genius behind this was a local Kingpin! Check out the Mexican Inn's site for accurate and precise details.

5. What is your current favorite snack?

Coconut Snowcone!


6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")



A. Dancing with the Stars - This one. I don't often share what I can shake but I know its there....shhhh don't tell anyone else!

B. Biggest Loser - Nope Jillian scares me and my fat doesn't count as enough for this show! Hey it's something I'm too thin for!!! yay! I feel better already!

C. Survivor - Nuh-uh! Nope, No way! No how! Not gonna happen'!



7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

(7) It's clean enough for visitors but I'm constantly wiping and wiping. But it does need one of the machines you know that sucks up the stuff off the carpet....hmmm what is it called....I think mine is purple!

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

you see the seed of a pine tree fall on the putt line of Phil Mickelson!




9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

when the president signed the "Health Reform Bill" which will drive up cost instead of decrease it and force citizens of the United States to purchase something and call it constitutional! I have seriously never laughed so hard, oh wait, that may have been uncontrollable sobbing...at that point it is so hard to tell!

or when a certain person of interest was rumored to be our next Supreme Court Justice - but see you have to be able to spell J-U-S-T-I-C-E first.


WAIT.....this may not be what you are asking.....hmmmmm...
Oh I know, when I told my daughter that the Bluebonnet Festival was near the Drag Strip in Ennis, TX, she totally went another direction....there was awkward silence then all out bursting forth laughter! If you don't get it then email me! lol
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.

I am working on some very important goals:
Short-term: Our ladies ministry, WOVEN Ministries, has a conference May 21, 22 and we are trying to get things wrapped up.
Mid-Term: Still writing that book and going to school for a degree in counseling.
ASAP - A "me" less several pounds!

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

From our class at church by Dr. Joy Neal, "Was there ever a time recorded where you find Jesus acting in only a human way?" (yes, it is a trick question.)

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

Unexpected acts at unexpected times....Playing in the snow after midnight, getting snowcones before bedtime, etc. They LOVE it!
And I keep a journal for each of them for unique and funny moments so they will have the memory later of something that touched me deeply and then share it with their children.


Wow Lid!!! This blew the "lid" off the top here! Great questions!!! I had a lot of fun especially since I can't sleep! lol

If you want to join in on the fun, hop on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee topped with a Lid, Linda that is!

Tootles,

2 comments:

SouthLakesMom said...

I am so with your daughter re: bluebonnets and drag strip. Oh my, I'm laughing now.

And #7, that poor neglected purple thing...one feels so sorry for it!

and I'm just down right jealous about the Mexican food. (Pouts)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Loved your answers! Good luck with your goals, made me feel like a "slacker." :o) God's richest blessings to you!