Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random Dozen 9.9.09



Linda at 2nd Cup has given us a dozen more inquiries!!  Just click the button up above, play along, and share some love!!!

1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years?


GUINEA PIGS! Now, I'm not they should become a delicacy as they are in Ecuador, but I do wish we had never purchased them. (or allowed them to be purchased) A Top 20 worst decision. But they are cute...




2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience?

It is more like a Mexican folk song! I, yi, yi, yi....buenos noches! No really it is wonderful and fruitful most of the time but I would not relate it to a recliner. It depends on the number of people and committees you have to sort through to be able to serve.


3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question.

Oh yes, I could have had fun with "huts"!! Both, I must have both!!! X's and O's!!!
I like them both in a hut or even with a nut or on a bus make no fuss. In my home so I won't roam. I like kisses on my cheek for there they are oh so neat. I like hugs all the time and I hate it when my children whine. I like kisses I like hugs by the fire with my hubs!


4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today?

Immorality! I heard a sermon from a guest speaker form England at FBC Woodstock via podcast dated 4.19.09 and he said something very interesting...."Instead of thinking our economic devestation is happening TO us  perhaps God is allowing it FOR us." I say this because I know finances could be a huge top 5 answer for some. (Maybe you remember his name Chel.)


5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it?

That really depends. If I need it right then and I do not have replacement then I will take it back, but usually I will toss it.


6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents?

That is a hard one for me. I am seeing more and more of my Grannie in me though. She was my dad's mom and well I just hear her more all the time coming out of my mouth.


7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.)

I do like the heel. :-) I did throw one slice away today because I was very ill this morning and just looking at it made me yucky!

8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you?

If I have to pick one it is probably, well I can't simply pick just one! One is the city of New Braunfels people pronounce it all over the place even to the point of adding consonants to it. Drives me nuts. And a darling family member says, "I seen ____ yesterday." drives me and another family crazy!!

9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.)


The number 9? Other than its relevance to September I can't think of anything. I can count by 9's fairly fast. It seems as bad as I always was at math I am the one that helps the kids with homework. I have lived in my home 9 years!! That is a good one. This is the first house I have ever lived in, in my whole life, that was purchased. We rented my whole life. Yay, that is a good one. And I love my town most of the time. :-)


10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with?

No, I can't say that it does. I will wear much brighter and wilder colors than I will put in my home for the sake of my husband. Although orange is the strongest color in my kitchen.

11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people.

I ask for a task usually but have been known to keep talking without realizing it.


12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most?

Let's see, I love September!! The weather gets cooler (usually). My best friend's birthday is 9-12; my mom 9-22; my cousin is 9-10; my first huge crush 9-17, this list could go on!!

Thanks for the fun Lid!!
Chel

9 comments:

Sue said...

I loved your little rhyme for question #3 - very creative :-D

I have stayed in New Braunfels with my hubby on a business trip. He usually stays in San Marcos when he goes but that time the Hilton family hotels (where he collects points) were full. Now he stays at the new Embassy Suites across the field from the outlet malls in San Marcos!!

This was fun, wasn't it? I answered mine yesterday.

Have a great evening :-D

KrippledWarrior said...

John Lennon said "Number 9. Number 9. Number 9." on the Revolution album.
People who call the capital city of Kentucky Louis-vill, LU-Vul or lewie ville. when everyone knows it's pronounced Frankfort.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

These Random Dozen are fun, aren't they?

Let's see...the pic of the guinea pig is aDORable! But the comment about them {not} becoming a delicacy was disturbing. Yuk!

Your #3 is my fave of anybody's answer! LOL

Unfortunately I don't remember the Englishman's name. If I wasn't so buried in my chair right now under my computer, blankets, and pillows, I'd go check my journal. I'll let ya know.

"I seen _____ yesterday." Yeah.

Thanks for remembering my birthday coming up! :-)

Susanne said...

I Chel! So nice to "meet" you. Thanks for popping by my place.

Your answer to #3 cracked me right up. You are very creative!

Chel said...

I guess Dr. Suess was on my mind today. That is what happens when allergies take you over and put you under. Ah.

KW, your humor is like my uncle's I love it!!!

Sue and Susanne thank you for dropping by!!!! I loved both of your sites very much!
Chel~~~~~ Me, forget YOUR B-day?? nah, nevah! But I may forget to mail your gift!! Sorreeee! I still love you tho
Chel

Becky said...

Oh that guinea pig is too cute!

Liked your hug and kisses rhyme :-)

SouthLakesMom said...

I guess the good news about #1 is that they don't live very long...right? And #3, definitely a Dr. Seuss thing going. That might be fun for a meme - answer in Dr. Seuss rhyme...? #8 The problem with Americans adapting 'foreign' names -- when I was in law school the town near where I lived was named Buena Vista. Having studied Spanish I knew how to pronounce. Wrong. In the mountains of Virginia it's "BYOONUH VISTA" with the "I" as in "igloo." Grated on my ears!
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

@nnie said...

I am SOOOO with you on the guinea pigs. Ugh! cute but STINKY! We finally passed ours on to another unsuspecting family! ;-) And I love September for ALL the same reasons. I am going to try this on my blog. Good to connect w/ you today!

sara said...

Praying for you today, that God would give you and your planning team creativity and wisdom as you plan your Oct. event!