Wednesday, September 24, 2008

WFMW: MOUSSAKA!!!


If you have watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding then you heard this dish lovingly referred to as Moose-caca. But it is not like moose ca-ca at all, not that I know what THAT tastes like. lol


My favorite restaurant in the world is Scampi's Mediterranean Cafe in downtown Fort Worth on Magnolia. Now, you need to know that Magnolias are my FAV-O-RITE! So how wonderful that my fav place is on my fav tree named street? Pretty cool if you ask me! And the ambiance is wonderful. The walls are warm and welcoming and the colors and decorations in every nook and cranny show there flare and care for presentation.

It is fancy without the schmancy! tee-hee, did you like that? I think I will use it again some time.....Linda what do you think about that term my Mrs. Frou Frou?


Ok, back to the post title, Moussaka, this dish is to die for! SERIOUSLY. Ok, this truly reveals a little gluttony, but you have to know that this is my all-time-feel-good-food & sorry Chel & Nat, but I get to eat it today. I know, I know but it is for business (to discuss insurance) and pleasure (b/c it is with a high school friend, Candace).

See, I have taken Chel to this place and Nat is very familiar with it. Their Greek Salad is also to die for! Their homemade Greek dressing makes it and beats all others hands down!

Ladies, if you ever come to Fort Worth and I know about it, WE WILL GO HERE!

Chel and I have a ladies ministry called WOVEN and when we have an event we will let you all know. Our next one is in Michigan so I doubt all of you would be headed that way in JANUARY! Either way, God is so good!

Enjoy by sight!

And I will let you all in on an inside joke between a dear friend of mine name Teresa and me, you saw the Lion King right? Well we don't say Mufassa with a growl, we say Mouuusssaka ah ha ha ha!

Shannon, thank you for being such a gracious hostess with the mostess!

Moussaka really works for me inside, we won't discuss what it is capable of on the outside!


L-O-L Chel - duh branch! ha ha!

7 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That is SO not fair.

I was doing pretty good, but now you've made my hungry. I ask you, what kind of a sister puts a picture of Scampi's on her blog knowing her beloved sister cannot go, huh? Tell me.

Well you'd better post that picture because now I want to see it. :-)

Jus' kiddin' girl...have fun!!

Chel said...

Good is sooooo subjective!! Or is it a state of mind? I don't know! lol. I am sorry but every one really needs to know about this place I mean really. I' tis vonderful darling!

I love you! I know that was pretty harsh and I do sincerely apologize for my part in making you feel this way. Perhaps we can do something about that very soon! hint hint!
Chel

Shonda said...

Sounds so yummy!

Hey--can you make the Corpus Conference? That's so cool that you went to school with the leader of the band.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Walking on High Hills said...

Yummy! We may be tryin it soon!

Take care dear one!

BBOT (be bloggin on thurs)- I hope!

LISSALYNN2006 said...

WOW THE Mouuusssaka LOOKS REALLY GOOD HOPE YOU TAKE ME TO EAT THERE WHEN I COME FOR A VISIT........LOVE YOU MY DEAR SISTER

Chel said...

But of course darlin' & I love you too!
Chel

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh yummy. We are actually moving to Fort Worth/ Keller area. So, I will have to remember the name of this restaurant. Thanks for the great info.