Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas Random Dozen!!



Special thanks to Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee for hosting this fabulous meme and Merry CHRISTmas to all! You can join in on the festival of fun by clicking the button above and link up for a jolly good time!!

1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?


My toes. My second toe on both feet are longer than my "big toe" and I would never wear flip flops or open toed shoes because people would always comment on my toes. Now I hope people notice my pretty little skinny feet with which the rest of my body needs to conform!

2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?

Claire Huxtable. Loved her!

3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?

I know a little sign language and enough spanish to really confuse those who do know it well. I would love to learn it well along with Portuguese, German, Russian, Hebrew, and especially Vietnamese so that I have full comprehension when getting toes and nails done!

4. Who is your personal hero?

Jesus Christ my Savior!

5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?

Stuffing!!!!!!

6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.

This little yet simple stocking represents one of the last Christmas' that I spent with my dad and my mom together.

7. How do you feel about snow?

I love it when I want it. This picture is of our most recent snow which usually does not happen until after Christmas. Since it was not as cold a it is today (20's) it became slushy and did not stick around.



8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.

4-6 depending on my "To-Do" list that had yet to be completed. And this time of year I get less because both kids have their birthdays (17th & 22nd) so I make multiple lists and check them all twice.

9. Tell me about your first crush.

Well, when I used to go to Gulf Skate in Corpus Christi,TX, I met this boy who I thought was sooo cute! I went to a different school in 6th grade but when I moved back to Flour Bluff I saw him there!!! I can't begin to explain my excitement!!! There he was one of the cutest boys I had ever seen!!  Oh boy did I have a huge crush on him!! Only for a short time was he actually my boyfriend yet I continued to believe he was the cutest, nicest boy around, then he moved! If you were to ask any friend of mine they would probably still be able to tell you his name. I had it bad!!

10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?

I would likely write my name until I thought it looked pretty, then draw a few hearts, a horse's head, a lady's face. BUT I would erase it all before anyone saw it!

11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?

The current temp and whether I feel cold or hot at the moment I am looking. I am often very hot while getting ready! lol

12. Favorite Christmas movie is?

This is a loaded question...be careful or "you'll shoot your eye out!" I did love A Christmas Story until I sat down to watch it with my kids!!! But in 2005 my sister-in-love, Joyce, brought Elf to the house and I was sold after recovering from the breath-gasping laughter!!!

So don't be a "cotton-headed ninny-muggins" and take a trip through "the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then walk through the Lincoln Tunnel," otherwise I'll call you a "South Pole Elf."  Get the movie but take heed DO NOT WATCH ON A FULL STOMACH! I DID THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT...IT WAS ALMOST BAAAAAD! (I know you are singing the MJ song now! lol, if you weren't then you are now!!!)

Lid, This is for you!!!! Thank you for the World's Best 2nd Cup of Coffee...with a Lid!!!



Come on back tomorrow where you can link up and share your randomness with the world. Or about 50 other people, usually.
 
Merry CHRISTmas to all!!
Chel

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Chel,

What great get to know you facts that I have learned today. I love Claire Huxtable and love how elegant a working mom can be. I too have a difficult time staying away from the stuffing.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nikki (Sarah) said...

that is funny about your toes. My sister has two stuck together. :) Sarah