Friday, August 14, 2009

My God Knits!

Psalm 139:13-16



13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.



14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,



16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

I cannot tell you the number of times I have read these very verses and each time I am utterly amazed. But today it has new meaning for me. See our very being, our fibers, were precisely and preciously knit together. Only God could have known how we were made prior to microscopes and this digital age.

I was completely astonished today to learn that stem cells creating the baby in its earlies stages look just like fibers being woven together. Now, if in doubt of the very Word of God you can rest in knowing that science does indeed prove HIM even if we could not figure that out until recently. (not that those of the faith need to "see" it to believe it!)

To think that we were woven togther by the grandest weaver of all. The very one who created the heavens and the earth took the time to create the tiny little fibers that would move on their own at HIS will in order to form us as tiny little infants to grow in the safety and security of our mother's wombs.

When I looked up the pictures of our stem cells that form once life has started I was speechless. Go ahead and scroll back up...do they are do they not look like fibers being woven together? The first one looks a lot like a spider's web, and the next two sets look like a bunch of loose threads just waiting for their spot to be bound together with one another. Thoroughly and completely amazing!!!

Make no mistake you were knit together by the finest crafter, our Creator.
Our God knits!!!

Chel

4 comments:

Darla said...

that is cool...i've missed hearing from you! glad to know you are back! it's good to know that we were crafted purposefully and that we were meant to be made (if that makes sense) i am so thankful to know my creator and especially to know that he loves me just like i am. i think i am finally getting that after all these years. i am not hiding anything from him, he knows it all- therefore i am becoming more and more honest with him. i love HIM! and i am so happy that HE loves me! keep in touch sister, thanks for this reminder too!

Walking on High Hills said...

This is a great post Rachele!!
Yes, I'm excited to get that book!!

Blessings-
we've had a busy year!

Anjolee said...

Awesome! God is just the coolest! I remember thinking when I was first pregnant with Mckenzee that I just couldn't imagine how anyone who had had the experience of having a life grow inside them could not believe in Him. Stem cells are especially interesting to me. We banked both of our children's cord blood and I remember it made me tear up when they called to tell me how many stem cells were recovered for each of them. Now I know what they look like! Thanks for finding me in the blog world! I have been slacking lately, but I love blogging too!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I had never heard of this; it's absolutely fascinating.