Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who's the Proudest Mom of ALL???

I AM!!! It's me!!!

Tonight my daughter is officially an East Central University Tiger GOLFER!!! Now obtaining an athletic scholarship is definitely something to be proud of but there is so much more and I. AM. HERE. TO. TELL. YOU all of it!



Here is a conversation I had with my son about my daughter tonight:

Me: I do not think she realizes how brave she is!
Reece: I don't think she knows how intimidating she is when she plays.
Me: Can you imagine in your Sophomore year dropping all that you know and picking up a new sport?
Reece: She just doesn't know how good she is!

Bottom line - My brave young lady at the age of 15 decided that Volleyball, Softball, and Cheerleading was no longer for her and she thought she might have a swagger or at least a little swing! (pun intended) She picked up a golf club and here we are today!

One very minor tidbit about me: I have two favorite colors, odd combo yes but they do not necessarily have to go together at the same time! I love purple and I love orange! My daughter is ORANGE now and my son has his sights on purple (TCU)! - and yes for golf too!

And for those of you who know me from my teenage years - I STILL HAVE AND FIT AND WEAR MY ORANGE ESPRIT SHOES!!! Now I have a great reason, cuz orange is gonna stay in season!
So now while the house is quiet, a gentle reminder of what is to come all too soon, I sit here to share this with you! Now to the nitty gritty - join me in my thoughts!

Can you remember when you were 15? How daring were you? I think I was in very stupid matters but not daring enough when it came to excelling.

When I first signed Sara into day care in Tulsa, Ok I would receive calls with statements like this:
Do you know that instead of playing "in" the doll house she climbs on it and jumps off?
Did you know that she can scale a tree like a monkey?
etc etc. That is my daughter - the Sky ISN'T A Limit at all!

So at 15 after years of cheering, softball, and volleyball she decides that she is going to play golf and obtain a scholarship. Ok, Sara - whatever you want to do you will have our full support!! Love Mom and Dad



So swing away she did, and swing, and swing, and swing. I would be remiss if I did not give credit where it is due.

My son Reece was already a member of the First Tee of Fort Worth (best chapter ever) and it was natural for Sara to do the same. After a few months she was already showing great signs of leadership and began to help younger beginners. They have given her many opportunities to grow not just in golf but in life skills through their 9 Core Values. You can check out the First Tee website for yourself.

Next, is her high school coach: Coach Richard Norman! You can see the pride is in his eyes as if she were his own granddaughter! He has allowed Sara to be Sara and she has grown through his undying dedication and encouragement!
By the way, ECU is his Alma mater!

And of course, last but not least, her dad. He has skipped sleep to be there for both the kids when I have to work. His tireless dedication will be appreciated even more in years to come when she has a child of her own and sees the sacrifice to help make dreams come true.


Well I am on cloud 9 tonight with pride for my daughter and praise for my FATHER!
The ultimate praise belongs to the Lord who equipped this child for this good work, which happens to be fun and paying for college! Great gifts have great benefits when used properly!

Go Sara Go! I can't wait to watch you grow just wish you did not have to go! If I was not so excited I would be a lot more upset about this! But with all the pride and love I can even muster I support you and I am your biggest fan! I love you baby girl!!!

Even in this Abiding Still,
Chel

4 comments:

sara said...

so excited for you and your daughter!!! you have every reason to be proud!!!!

Melody said...

You are one proud mama, and she's lucky (they are lucky) to have you! Thanks for sharing your joy!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Yayy! Sara! I'm so proud of her...I'm just a close second behind you, mama! :-)

LISSALYNN2006 said...

im right there with ya a big fan of hers............love you guys