Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vision - Sight - The ability to rest

This first two weeks of scripture memory for me seemed like it went by very quickly. I took the challenge to join in on the Siesta Scripture Memory Team with Beth Moore - Siesta Mama and all us other gals. I chose 1 Corinthians 13:12 in the New Living Translation. If you did not know this the NLT add a BUNCH of words but these were words worth memorizing!!!

"Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see things with perfect clarity. All I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." NLT
When I say that this word has been relevant in my life I-kid-you-not! So many things I see right here right now even at this very moment I am typing this post is extremely puzzling! But it is so good that God knows everything including me COMPLETELY!

I am so grateful to my heavenly Father for leading me to this verse! It brings me rest when put to the test. I can rest in knowing that I don't have to see-it-all. I can rest knowing that He-Has-It-ALL! I can rest knowing that He is there on this side and the eternal one. I can rest because He knows what is best for me and for all of us. I never once thought that a verse on "vision" would help me rest but think about it. When you have to strain to "see" it is tiring. When you strain to "see" you become the cloudy image.

I can rest in the "but then"....where do you find your rest?

Abiding Still,

2 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I have really enjoyed doing this memorization too, sister. Mine begins with "Get your mind ready for action..." and I have needed to get my mind ready for a while. I have felt so swallowed up by life lately that I hadn't taken the time to get my mind ready...

So glad to be getting my focus back. :-)

Desiray said...

Memorizing bible verses can be hard I know for me it was because some verses are very long but with years of practice after being in a Discipleship Class for 8 months I learned it. I do see the need for it because there are always times when we need to rebuke the enemy with the word of God...that is what Joshua tells us to mediate and hide the word in our hearts so we don't sin against GOD