Monday, November 3, 2008

Body Image

Ok, ya'll I am NOT writing this for compliments or anything of the matter. But I do want shared experiences if you feel so lead to comment. (I am comment starved by the way. Not feeling the love and affection if you know what I mean. lol)

This morning, I put on a shirt that was tight when I bought it, you know the kind "it is so cute, on sale, and it WILL fit when I lose the weight"????? Well, IT FITS! But that is not why I write today. I write because of why I put it on.

I looked in the mirror in between changing clothes this morning. I know, what was I thinking???? Well, I wasn't. I had lost that loving feelin' for myself and accomplishment. I had lost weight about a month ago and it is still gone other than the occasional swelling in my face, hands, and feet. But I was feeling exactly how I felt 12-15 pounds ago. YUK! Why do we do that????? I just don't know.

So, I grabbed this shirt knowing it did not fit me in June. Could not wear it no how now way. But it fit! I was shocked. I had to reassess the mental image of myself this morning and then also write about it in school this week. I am taking a class in college called Christian Paths to Health and Wellness. And this week is body image! God is always on time.

Having this shirt fit really made (MADE) me realize that my mental image is way off track! That is so sad. I have worked hard in making this work out twice a week. I know I still need to do better in the food department and my energy levels are not where they need to be. So I am taking measures but suggestions would be grand! My sister and I have started a private blog that is on the back burner right now, where we have been completely honest with weight and food. (ouch!!!! I know!!) But knowing someone else is reading it really helps. I want my trainer on there too. So I will be asking this sister if I can give Jennifer permission to help us!!! But there are those things that appear to be true to those "fit" people you see out there daily.

I am going to jot down some things I have noticed and then I want you to share with me some things you do to help keep your mind and body fit.

I have noticed that people who appear fit to me:

Drink green tea (no really!)
Run
Don't watch TV (much)
Go to bed early

Well that is about all I see. I know I have some really tinted glasses on in this area so that is why I reach out to the blog-o-sphere to see if my compadres have some wisdom here. Biblical and physical!!

Will you help this "abiding branch" not be a "sagging" one?
Chel

2 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Well you already know what I'm doing and what I need to do and what I want to do. Yeah. It's complicated.

But the one thing I'm gonna just keep sayin: think about only what's real, and true, and noble, and right, and lovely, and...

:-) Love you.

LISSALYNN2006 said...

well no matter how you look i will always love you i hope you know this.......but you look beautiful....